Monday, May 9, 2011

One year completed !

It seems as though I have become a terrible blogger but with everything going on I haven't had a lot of time to really put my thoughts down into a blog. Hopefully with school being over for the summer I will find more time to write blogs..


Well...speaking of school, I just finished my first year of college. Most of you know that for the past year I have attended Boyce but if not, you do now. Boyce college has truly been a blessing to my life & I have learned & grown in my walk with Jesus.


Over this year, I have had so many papers to do and so much reading that some days I wondered if I would ever see the end but with God's faithfulness and support I made it. Starting college made me nervous as to if I would be able to handle it but I did.


Attending Boyce is very convient because I live in Louisville & I don't have to live on campus. I enjoy being with my family. I know that I miss out on some things but it has been cheaper to live at home. I have made plenty of friends though & I am truly blessed to have them in my life. I know that I can spend the night with them on campus & when I do it's always fun.

I've never really had a lot of christian friends to help me or to understand. It has been hard not having people to talk to but I'm so thankful for my christian friends that I have made over this past year.

Also, I have watched some of my old friendships fall apart. I still talk to some of my old friends, but not as much as I use to. Theres just some friends who I've hated to see go, for whatever reason people change, move on with theirs lives, and choose differents paths. Change is forsure hard for me at times. I don't like things to change but I think that most of the changes that have happened this year have been for the better. I've lost some friends but I've also gained some.


I have learned so much just from being at Boyce for a year. I realize that I need to share Christ with everyone that I can & I think in the past I have tried not to offend people. I've cared too much what they think & God has shown me that it is not about me. God deserves all the glory & who cares if someone doesn't like it. I still struggle with this because it's easier to keep quiet than to say something that someone might not like.


I realize that helping people is not gonna be easy & sometimes I might even feel burnt out some days, but doing this means so much to me. Leading people to Christ & helping them will be more than worth it. Learning about counseling at Boyce has truly shown me that I am doing what I should be. I love learning about it & I wouldn't want to have any other major. I have bad days though where I don't think I'll be able to do it but God always tells me to trust Him & I will be able to do it!


My faith has grown so much just within this past year. I am learning to trust God more & realizing what is important. Not listening to music that doesn't glorift God & working on what I shouldn't watch. Watching my speech & so much more than this. I have been blessed with great professors who have taught me so much. I know that I am going to continue to learn & grow more next year.


Thanks for reading (:

No comments:

Post a Comment